Hands up if:
⇒ You're expected to create social media content on corporate and dry topics, and then make them go viral
⇒ Your workload means you don’t have time to make great content
⇒ You get inspired by courses, but then lose steam and go back to your old way of working
You're not alone!
While understanding the realities of working in comms and marketing, this course will teach you how to make your organisation's content engaging.
In three hours of study per week, you'll take your skills to the next level, and get brilliant results from your work that you can be proud of.
Learn the most effective secrets of content, and get 9 weeks of inspiration, coaching and support from UK Social Media Marketing Awards winner, Hel Reynolds.
“Just wanted to share the impact of putting Hel's super-dooper advice into practice. Our Facebook engagement has transformed! I have posted ⬇️ 48% less and increased impressions by ⬆️ 268%, users reached by ⬆️ 333% and engagement by ⬆️ 481%. ”Gemma Warren, Group Marketing Manager
“If you're into social media, I'd recommend this creative online course. You'll need to commit a couple of hours per week but the learning is phenomenal - so real time, practical, applicable and 💯 creative and audience focussed. It's ACE.”Josephine Graham, Internal Communications Manager
“As well as being a great space to learn and bounce ideas off each other, this course allows you to catch up when best for you - #flexible #comms 😃 helps when you're as disorganized as me on times 🙌”Natalie Warner, Digital Communications Officer
“This is an amazing course, I registered Abbey from my team and she's now inspired! She has a lot more confidence and is massively more understanding of customers and how to use social media :) You're a comms Wizard!”Lucy Goldsmith, Communications Manager
Gain confidence - so you’ll know what to post and feel sure you’re doing the right thing
Develop the skills to create thriving social media communities - your audiences will go from bored to buzzing
Create a plan - that will save you time and ensure your content appeals to your audiences
Stand out from the crowd - you'll create life-long habits that will have a huge impact on your effectiveness at work
Get recognition - as well as achieving the Content Expert Certificate, you'll be able to show colleagues and peers you are a trusted social media expert
Hel Reynolds is a respected expert in social media strategies, working with corporate comms and marketing pros to build skills and confidence. She has shelves of PR and social media awards to her name, the most recent being from the 2018 UK Social Media Marketing Awards. With the help of her training and advice, she'll help you think like a creative and plan like a strategist. Her aim is to get you feeling inspired, fearless & proud about your work. She also loves to draw cartoons, chat to cats that live on her road, and binge watch repeats of the sitcom Frasier. Find out more on her website: helreynolds.com
- 21.10.2019 Live webinar: Understanding the new rules of content. Including: How audiences behave - the psychology of sharing; What works on different channels; how algorithms affect our work; Understanding the Comms Creative Content Method..
- 28.10.2019 Live webinar: First steps in applying the Comms Creative Content Method - goal setting; audience segmentation, and culture maps. Including: Prioritising SMART objectives; Prioritising audiences; Culture mapping.
- 04.11.2019 Live webinar: Audience booster content. Including: Conversation content types that get your audiences talking.
- 11.11.2019 Live webinar: Flipped stories, social copywriting, Including: Making your stories and promotions more audience-focused; Irresistible copy and hashtags for tweets, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram.
- 18.11.2019 Live webinar: How to design and create great video and visuals. Including: The elements of a video that gets watched to the end; Designing a storyboarded video; Making the most of your on-the-go video; The elements of an engaging graphic;
- 25.11.19 Live webinar: The art and science of storytelling on social media. Including: Key storytelling elements that bring your story to life; Which stories work on which platforms.
- 02.12.19: Live webinar: Increase engagement and following. Including: Top tips to boost likes, shares and comments; Using and building Facebook and Linkedin groups; Audience building tactics for Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram and Twitter.
- 09.12.19 Webinar: Content planning. Including: Your core content planner; Plan and implement your commenting strategy; Considering lead magnets; Last minute content; Personal goal-setting and accountability.
- 16.12.19 Webinar: Getting management and staff buy-in. Goal setting for internal influencing; Internal networks - the power/interest plan ; Sharing good practice; A template for internal reporting; Tackling internal and external obstacles.
- Video lesson: Managing a busy workload when you feel like you're spinning lots of plates.
Bonus content 1: How to deal with negative, untrue, and/or abusive posts
In this short video lesson, you'll learn everything you need to deal with the more tricky, awkward and heated comments people will make about your brand on social media. You'll be confident in handling almost anything you might come across! This 90 minute video lesson comes with a workbook, checklist and downloadable guide to print and put up in the office.
Bonus content 2: A guide to the top 20 apps for making engaging content
Take time to try some cool and easy tricks to make animations, visuals, videos and more, all using easy and free (or very cheap) apps on your phone and laptop. This video lesson and factsheet will get you feeling super-creative!
Bonus content 3: Getting your social media tone of voice right
Hel will take you through everything you need to consider to design a usable and unique social media tone of voice guide. Download the worksheet to make some notes, and by the end of this video lesson you'll be confident about how talk so your audiences want to listen.
When does the course start?
Officially, it starts on October 14th 2019. A welcome video with some pre-course preparation will be released, so you'll have time to prepare before the first live lesson. This prep work will consist of a video where Hel describes how the course will work, how you submit homework and she'll go through some FAQs. You'll also have a form to complete that covers identifying where you are with social media content, and making me aware of aims and objectives you may already have at work for the next six months, plus particular campaigns, promotions or stories coming up that you'd like to engage your audiences with. The first live lesson is at 11am on Monday September 21st.
When are the live lessons?
Each webinar will be on Mondays at 11am. There will be the lesson which will last between 90 minutes and two hours. When the lesson is finished, we go into Q&A and you can ask anything that's on your mind.
What if I can't make the live lessons?
All the lessons are recorded and added to the learning area by 6pm that Monday. You can catch up whenever you like, you have access to this course for a year so take your time if you need to. And there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions in our Facebook study group right up until the end of June 2020, if you can't make the live Q&A.
How much time will this take?
You need to invest a minimum of two and a half hours per week. This includes time watching the webinar and the time it takes to do homework each week. This is kept manageable because most teams I train have very limited time on their hands!
I already know my stuff, is this course going to be the right level for me?
I teach comms and marketing professionals at intermediate and advanced stage - so if you're not already confident with posting and managing social media for your brand, it's probably not for you. This is absolutely a course about innovative and strategic approaches, but with a focus on practical tactics. So although it is more practical than academic, it is underpinned by solid theory and much experience as a former communications and digital manager. Everyone in the group will be challenged and inspired, and because we can chat in our small private Facebook study group, I can tailor advice I give to each individual.
Is this for comms and marketing in B2B, public sector, or consumer brands?
The course is about social media content generally - so we discuss general principles and techniques and then how they apply to the different cultures and audience expectation on each platform. You'll find a variety of case studies from all sorts of brands, big and small - and what we cover on the course can be applied to any industry or sector.